Are you wondering if it’s a good idea to use a reverse osmosis water system under sink installation?
The answer is “yes”.
Australia is very particular about the quality of drinking water. In fact, the National Health and Medical Research Council developed the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines that will serve as an authoritative reference to help define safe, good quality drinking water. It is also designed to guide the Australian community and the water supply industry on how to achieve and assure the quality of drinking water.
One of its highlights is the Quantitative Microbial Risk Assessment framework that will be used to determine the type and number of water treatment that can meet the microbial health-based target.
Reverse osmosis treatment has been proven effective in removing microbes in drinking water. A study that used two flat-sheet reverse osmosis membranes showed that organic matter that includes the fraction available for microbes was removed by the membrane efficiently. It also showed that the quality of drinking water was improved in terms of bacterial, inorganic, and organic content.
This goes to show that using an Australian reverse osmosis water system under sink is a perfect choice.
How does reverse osmosis compare with other water filtration systems?
Carbon block filters can remove particles with sizes ranging from 0.5 to 50 micrometres. But it can’t remove organic compounds that have been dissolved, such as arsenic, hexavalent chromium, and nitrate.
Reverse osmosis filters can remove any particles with sizes larger than 0.001 microns. It can also trap 99% of bacterial cells in their membranes. The tightly-packed pore structure of the semi-permeable membrane traps almost all impurities that often attach to water molecules. Trapped impurities are then washed with excess water and passed down the waste water line.
When these two filters are combined, similar to the reverse osmosis water system under sink in Australia, you get nothing less than pure and fresh drinking water.
How to Choose a Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
Reverse osmosis water filter systems are available in various brands, making it hard to distinguish between them. But, there are four factors that you must look into:
- Quality of the components used. Parts usually manufactured in certified and reputed companies in Australia are reliable. Be sure to check the country of manufacture to ensure no cheap imitations are used in a reverse osmosis water system under sink installation.
- Quality of carbon block filters. Carbon filters are used to remove contaminants and chlorine before they reach the reverse osmosis membrane. The best kind will do an impressive job.
- Brand and make of auto-shutoff valves. A good quality will prevent flooding in your home.
- And if you can find Australian reverse osmosis water system under sink design that comes with a backflow prevention valve, you hit the jackpot.
- Workmanship. Make sure that the workmanship is immaculate especially for under sink reverse osmosis system. The system must fit snugly and out of sight. Any wires or plumbing hanging out is a sign of poor workmanship.
Get the Filpure Reverse Osmosis
Filpure offers compact reverse osmosis water system under sink installation with quality components, a number of filtration phases, and different purification capacity per day. As a wholly Australian owned company, you are assured of the highest quality of components. Visit them today at http://www.filpure.com.au/products/reverse-osmosis-water-filters/five-stage-reverse-osmosis